Monday, April 4, 2011

Lucy Blackman, Lucy's Story: Autism and Other Adventures

Lucy’s Story is a richly detailed account of a complex journey to effective communication by typing: "That evening Jay and I arrived home with a borrowed Canon [communication device], a battery and a supply of thin white tape: a passport to language and more problems than I ever dreamed."-Lucy Blackman

Lucy’s Story:  Autism and Other Adventures by Lucy Blackman
"What I did not realize then was that when I tried to plan its movements, I was unaware of the exact position of my fingertip in time and space, much as I was uncomfortable walking on slopes because my foot and my sight were sufficiently out of sync to make me uncertain as to the exact moment my sole could start to bear my weight."--Lucy Blackman, page 94

No comments:

Post a Comment